Donnerstag, 8. September 2011

Birthday miles

I had a birthday yesterday, so the cycling year has officially come to an end. As I have done the last three years, I did a birthday ride on Labor day where I have to ride my age. The ride was slow because I started at 5 am and it was really dark. But I did take a really nice picture of the sunrise with my smartphone.

I managed a little over 2500 miles this year to put me at 18,566 since I started keeping track in 2002. The circumference of the Earth is 24901.55, so I still have a couple of years to go (2.5 to 3 years actually) until I will have completed the virtual circumnavigation.

5 Kommentare:

  1. That's impressive. My longest ride so far is 22 miles on a crap bike, but I like the idea of riding your age...

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. You realize that the further over the hill you get, the further over the hill you have to go.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. That's the idea Nate. I fully expect him to do a century for his 100th birthday. :-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I didn't think too much about your miles totals over the years until you tied it to circumscribing globe. Impressive!!

    AntwortenLöschen