Mittwoch, 10. November 2010

RIP

Remember that really fast plane from earlier in the year? Well it saw its end on the last weekend of racing this year. Spectacularly. I lost control around the first turn of the first heat. I am pretty sure my aileron servo stripped out. The only other possibility is maybe the antenna broke loose and so when it got out a ways, It lost the signal. Either way, the aircraft quickly turned into a 100mph lawn dart.Here you can see the nose buried about 4 inches deep into the sod. Battery pack, receiver and 3 of 4 servos seem to be a complete loss. Surprisingly, I think the motor itself survived. This is us digging it out.

CUPRA November Pylon Race - Jeff Packer's Crash from Jon Finch on Vimeo.

These are the people that I fly with. Generally a very generous and fun group. Next race is in March, and I already have ideas to make the next one faster.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen